Wednesday, May 20, 2009

My Teenager

I could not imagine that I am now growing older each day. I have now my teenager with a different views, showing different character and engaging different looks and fashion. I used to have a small boy - bringing him everywhere he wants to go. But now it's different. He doesn't want to go with us anymore, he has his own wants, likes and dislikes. Before, I can say anything and he will follow, now, he will do what he wants to do.

I am starting to adjust to a different environment he is in inorder to complement with him in some ways and agree on some things. But I still need to be strict in some aspects to mold his life and be useful for God's kingdom. Few years back I was wondering why my sister was always getting mad at her son being a teenager. Now, I understand why, I can now relate to her and agree that teenagers are really different in this generation.

I was trying to recall my experiences as a teenager before. But it is still different to what I have seen with the teenagers these days. They are very advanced in terms of their lifestyle, their needs or wants and their behavior. I could say they have a different world, a different world of teenagers. However, I need to remind parents including me that we need to impart and remind our children the right way, the way of the cross, the way to lead them to a better future serving the One True God! And that makes a difference.

No comments:

Post a Comment